Mia got the word it was Chocolate Chip cookie Day and wanted to share her favorite recipe.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with racks in the upper and lower third positions. In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix to combine. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Using a. medium cookie scoop, drop heaping portions of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.